Black Future ’88 is a new Synth-Punk roguelike 2D action Shooter from independent developer SuperScarySnakes’ coming to Windows PC later this year. Black Future ‘88’s neon-lit retro-future style paints a dark alternate history of a world reeling from a nuclear cataclysm created by Duncan, the tower architect. The first of his bombs fell in 1988, blacking out the sun with perpetual rain and it’s been 1988 ever since. Now the only time that matters is measured in minutes left to live. As one of the last remaining survivors, fight your way to the top of the tower to kill Duncan before your heart explodes. Climb an evolving procedural tower through a merciless onslaught of fire, lasers and steel. Shoot, slash and dash to overcome deadly traps, homicidal AI, crazed junkies and colossal boss-grade Wardens. Choose one of five playable characters, each with their own unique powers, then upgrade your renegade with a selection of dozens of brutal weapons and special buffs/curses to survive. Test your wits and reflexes alone or with a friend in two-player couch co-op, and measure your mettle against other players by tackling daily challenges with unique attributes to climb a global leaderboard. Black Future ‘88’s anarchic ascent for revenge is scored with a killer analog-synth original soundtrack from post-punk new-wave band Tremor Low.
Black Future '88 announcement trailer
- Commandos IP acquired by Kalypso Media Group
- 9 Be nice in Rainbow Six Siege or risk getting banned
- 4 James Ohlen has retired after 22 years with BioWare
- Ellie is getting an NPC companion in The Last of Us Part II
- Fortnite eSports event with $8 million prize pool announced
- New Hearthstone expansion gets a taste for mad science
- 7 Overwatch Raises $12.7 Million For Breast Cancer Research
- 3 EA acquires game developer Industrial Toys
- 13 Monster Hunter: World hits PC next month
- 1 Darksiders III could be releasing this November
- 9 Warframe coming to Nintendo Switch and new expansions announced
- 3 Take a bigger look at Anthem's E3 gameplay demo
Don't miss a thing - get the day's top gaming stories blasted into your brain every evening.
Here comes the Boom, ready or not.
Blizzard went above and beyond