The Source Filmmaker (SFM) is the movie-making tool built and used by Valve to make movies inside the Source game engine. "Because the SFM uses the same assets as the game, anything that exists in the game can be used in the movie, and vice versa," says Valve. "By utilising the hardware rendering power of a modern gaming PC, the SFM allows storytellers to work in a what-you-see-is-what-you-get environment so they can iterate in the context of what it will feel like for the final audience."
Introducing the Source Filmmaker trailer
- 6 Valve announce new Half-Life game for Steam VR
- Amy Hennig establishes new interactive media division at Skydance
- 5 Report: BioWare to overhaul Anthem
- Grinding Gear Games announces Path of Exile 2
- 6 Path of Exiles' first convention kicks off this weekend
- Rockstar apologises for rocky Red Dead Redemption 2 PC release
- Rune 2 developer closes, reforms under Bethesda
- 4 Netflix renews The Witcher for Season 2
- 5 EA Access won't offer head start for Jedi: Fallen Order
- 7 Sonic the Hedgehog is back and looks far less creepy
- 8 Where is our Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Review?
- 7 Need for Speed: Heat Review
Don't miss a thing - get the day's top gaming stories blasted into your brain every evening.
No Jedi force speed for you.
Cut off one head...
- 66 Google Stadia
- 338 The Outer Worlds
- 7060 Gaming General Discussion Thread
- 5149 What are you currently playing? (screenshots)
- 234 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- 52 'Warsim: The Realm of Aslona' the best RPG you've never heard of!
- 15 New Mass Effect Game Is Very Early in Development
- 56 Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC
- 19 Diablo IV
- 16 Wasteland 3 - inXile RPG