To stay faithful to the original source, Alien: Isolation takes a retro look to the future with a design aesthetic which developer Creative Assembly describes as "lo-fi sci-fi". It’s clunky, it’s chunky, it’s push-button and analogue. There are no phasers or lasers, and the smartest weapons you find may be tied together with duct tape and string. A world very much of CRT not LCD, Alien: Isolation may be set in the future but it’s very much baked in the past.
Alien: Isolation lo-fi sci-fi video developer diary
- Baldur's Gate 3 screenshots leak and they are glorious
- 6 Platinum Games announce Project G.G.
- 3 Trials of Osiris is finally coming to Destiny 2
- Prepare for Delirium in new Path of Exile expansion
- 2 There's a new Samurai Jack game in the works
- CD Projekt Red doesn't want you to have to buy Cyberpunk 2077 twice
- 10 Series X specs confirm a whopping 12 giggidy-flops
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York Review
- 1 The Riot Games lawsuit saga continues
- 2 Darksiders Genesis Nintendo Switch Review
- Baldur's Gate 3 to get Early Access later this year
- 2 Dreams Review
Don't miss a thing - get the day's top gaming stories blasted into your brain every evening.
Our resident expert on all things paranormal heads to New York for some blood sucking conversation!
Stand and deliver.
Plus new services and features
- 5166 What are you currently playing? (screenshots)
- 45 Resident Evil 3 Remake Planned For 2020
- 29 Baldur's Gate III - By Larian Studios
- 2391 Red Dead Redemption 2
- 264 The Division 2 - MMO-lite shooter
- 24 Beautiful Desolation - post-apocalyptic sci-fi Adventure from Stasis devs
- 226 Xbox Series (X)
- 243 Black Mesa Source
- 7141 Gaming General Discussion Thread
- 58 Escape from Tarkov