NPD Group Australia has compiled and released a list of the best-selling games in Australia and New Zealand for the first half of 2012, and there are no prizes for guessing which title came out on top.
Representing units sold from January 1 through June 30, NPD’s list is based on total physical game sales and includes sales of Collector's Editions, Game of the Year Editions, and bundles (excluding hardware bundles).
The list is calculated across all platforms, but does not take digital sales into account.
Interestingly, most titles featured on the list were released last year, with Mass Effect 3, Diablo III, and Max Payne 3 being the exceptions.
1. Diablo III, Blizzard Entertainment
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Activision
3. Mass Effect 3, EA
4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Bethesda
5. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, Activision
6. Battlefield 3, EA
7. Max Payne 3, Rockstar Games
8. Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Ubisoft
9. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Sega
10. Saint's Row: The Third, THQ